DIRFloortime courses 201, 202, 203, 204
To enroll in this DIR 201 course, you must have taken a DIR 101 or other ICDL approved introductory course.
If you take this course as a "Basic Provider" (this is the option to earn certificates for professionals), it means that you will work with children and be able to video record them to give 2 video presentations during the course. You are not allowed to present to a child if they are your own or a family member.
If you are registering as a Review Student to work toward your DIRFloortime Provider Certificate, you must confirm that you have previously completed this course.
If you are a guest auditor (auditing student), this means that this course does NOT lead to a DIRFloortime Provider Certificate and is not eligible for continuing education credits. Your participation does not entitle you to represent yourself as a DIRFloortime provider. You agree that this course does not then qualify you to become a DIRFloortime provider.
Curriculum and prerequisites
There are some prerequisites to successfully complete this course. It is the responsibility of the participants to follow the syllabus ( https://www.icdl.com/courses/curriculum ) to know and be prepared:
- Attend class in person on a device with a camera so you can be seen in class and share your screen as needed.
- written consent form to videotape your Floortime sessions with a child and share in class.
- upload the videos you recorded from your sessions to Youtube or Vimeo and share the link with the group and teachers on www.floortime.org (ICDL's Moodle website) to share.
- Participation in the agreed presentation times
- Participate in feedback sessions when provided by instructors/training managers.
- Complete required lierature, forum posts, and other course learning activities.
Confidentiality agreement for course participants
- I agree to abide by all video recording policies provided by course instructors, including: obtaining video and video recording permissions, marking videos, referencing a child viewed on video, handling, storing and sharing videos, and final disposal of videos.
- I agree to keep confidential all information about individuals viewed on video or discussed in this course.
- I agree that I will only use the specified platforms (Moodle, Zoom, Vimeo, or YouTube) in the manner specified in the DIRFloortime training program policies and will NOT use email to share video links, PowerPoint presentations, video consent forms, or other documents that contain private, confidential, and/or identifying information. I understand that email is not a secure form of transmitting confidential information.
- I agree that all information shared in class or on the Moodle site is confidential and will not be shared in any way with others outside of the classroom without the express written consent of the DIRFloortime Training Program.
- I have carefully read and reviewed this Student Confidentiality Agreement.
- I fully understand and voluntarily agree to all items. By completing the registration for this course, I agree to all terms and conditions by signing this document.
Declaration of consent
I understand that the DIRFloortime program does not qualify, license or otherwise certify me to work in any manner that I am not already qualified, licensed or otherwise certified by the appropriate local, state, national or other entity responsible for that qualification.
I further understand that the DIRFloortime Training Program is an educational program for individuals to demonstrate competencies in DIRFloortime theory and practice. It teaches how to work with different children and with individuals with different profiles in different settings. The certificate program includes 5 core courses with certificates of competency upon successful completion of each course from DIR 201.
DIR 201 is for beginners to DIRFloortime practice to learn the basics of DIRFloortime. The focus of this course is on Functional Emotional Development Skills 1-4. Successful completion of this course qualifies to be called a Basic DIRFloortime provider.
DIR 202 is designed for those who have successfully completed DIR 201 and wish to further develop and demonstrate competency in DIRFloortime with a focus on Functional Emotional Development Skills 4, 5 & 6. Successful completion of this course qualifies one to be called a Proficient DIRFloortime Provider.
DIR 203 focuses on coaching parents, caregivers, and other providers. Successful completion of DIR 202 is a prerequisite for this course. Successful completion of 203 qualifies to be called Advanced DIRFloortime.
DIR 204 A & DIR 204B are the final certificate courses in the core curriculum. DIR 204A is an intensive 14- to 18-week internship in English that includes bi-weekly seminars and teaching as an intern in one of the 14-week online courses or another pre-approved on-site course. Interns are expected to be competent or learn the technology required for the online courses, give a model case presentation, meet with course training instructors, provide support and guidance to participants, and provide feedback to course participants.
I acknowledge that I have carefully read Part A of this Letter of Understanding and the current DIRFloortime Continuing Education Program course descriptions, DIR 201, DIR 202, DIR 203, and DIR 204, and understand the current training objectives and requirements, and that program requirements are subject to change. The DIRFloortime® Training Program and the relationships established by and between ICDL and its students do not constitute a partnership, joint venture, franchise, agency, or employment agreement.
An overview of the current basic requirements for the program can be found on our website www.icdl.com . ICDL reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, amend, expand or otherwise modify the requirements for its programs at any time without notice. The decision to successfully complete the certificate program requirements rests solely with ICDL. A participant with successful completion may identify themselves as a student in the DIRFloortime® Training Program.
I have reviewed and understand the learning objectives and requirements for this course.
I fully understand and voluntarily agree to these terms and conditions. By completing the registration for this course, I agree to this document and all terms and conditions with my signature. (This will be agreed upon when registering for the course).